Sunday, October 3, 2010

Why Am I Blogging?

For the next 8 months I am going to be traveling with International Honors Program's Rethinking Globalization. If you want to know more about the program, go here: http://www.ihp.edu/page/rethinking_globalization/

I am creating this blog for two reasons. First, I am going to have limited internet access and want to keep friends and family updated. I would love to write everyone of you emails and letters this year, but it is just not possible. This does not mean that if you write me I won't write back, rather expect a short response.

The main reason, however, for this blog is to share the ideas that we are going to be exploring throughout this trip and to ask for your thoughts and feedback. I am going to pose questions and make public the internal dialogs that will be going on in my head as I travel. I am going to keep my posts brief, so that they are easy to read. I am approaching this with an intellectual aim rather than a creative one. I encourage everyone to share their thoughts using the comments feature whether you are a Cochran's racer, relative, friend, professor, or any combination of these. Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to sharing this trip with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment